All funds raised will directly support the BFI’s education programmes, which seek and support Britain’s filmmakers of tomorrow.
The BFI LUMINOUS online auction is now open to bidders across the world, with truly unique and exclusive, money-can’t-buy experiences available at www.BFILuminousAuction.com. The live auction will take place at LUMINOUS, the BFI’s biennial fundraising gala presented in partnership with IWC Schaffhausen, on Tuesday 1 October at London’s iconic Roundhouse. LUMINOUS welcomes the most celebrated figures from the world of film and television to support the education activities of the BFI – the UK’s lead cultural organisation for film – at a star-studded Gala.
The BFI LUMINOUS live auction will be led by renowned Sotheby’s auctioneer Lord Dalmeny. The auction contains over 50 extraordinary prizes, with the online auction closing 21:30 on 1 October. Auction lot highlights include:
Live Auction – available to bid online from today at www.BFILuminousAuction.com as well as at BFI LUMINOUS on 1 October:
- Two of Britain’s best loved actors have joined forces to make a very special auction lot. Meet BFI Fellow, Hugh Grant at the red carpet premiere of Guy Ritchie’s latest film THE GENTLEMAN and mingle with the stars at the exclusive after party. As well as a chance to see a set in action and have lunch with Hugh Bonneville on one of his forthcoming projects.
- Visit the set of THE CROWN with BFI Fellows Olivia Colman, who will be playing the lead role of Queen Elizabeth II, and Helena Bonham Carter, playing the role of Princess Margaret, as they film season four.
- Get a truly 007 experience at the Royal Premiere for the NO TIME TO DIE, the 25th instalment in the James Bond series. With this experience you will arrive in a chauffeur driven Aston Martin followed by a shaken not stirred martini at the exclusive after party. This experience is completed with a luxury escape to the stunning north coast of Jamaica at the GoldenEye resort.
- A chance to fly a Spitfire TR9 straight out to sea and over the English Channel on to the famous white cliffs at the Needles. As well as win IWC Pilot’s Chronograph Watch, just like the Spitfire plane, the IWC Schaffhausen watch perfectly combines form and function.
- A unique opportunity for one lucky London-area school to enjoy a reading from one of his books by the legendary comedian, actor and author David Walliams.
- An incredible opportunity to own a piece from Marc Quinn, a leading contemporary artist and an influential member of the Young British Artists. The work is taken from Quinn’s celebrated Labyrinth series which reflect the idea of a super-surveillance culture.
Silent Auction – Bid online from today at www.BFILuminousAuction.com:
- A unique opportunity to observe and learn from award-winning British filmmaker Paul Greengrass, with two hours in the edit room with the director and his editor, followed by lunch.
- Exclusive invite-only backstage passes to Vivienne Westwood at Paris Fashion Week, offering an unparalleled experience at the world iconic fashion event.
- Enjoy a post-show drink with Tom Hiddleston and top tier tickets to BETRAYAL which is taking Broadway by storm following a hit run in London’s West End.
- Attend the highly anticipated London premiere of STAR WARS: THE RISE OF SKYWALKER, the final chapter in the Skywalker saga.
- Dine with nine friends and the acclaimed theatre and film producer of the smash hit musical MAMMA MIA! Judy Craymer at exclusive members club, 5 Hertford Street. Also enjoy the once in a lifetime opportunity to have a walk-on-role as a wedding guest, in the hit West End musical, with nine of your friends or family in the audience.
- Join the legendary filmmaker Terry Gilliam on an exclusive tour of his garden in North London. The Monty Python member and his wife Maggie have transformed their garden into a haven. Enjoy chatting with them whilst wandering around the beautiful setting, described as ‘a mixture of the prosaic and the phantasmagorical’.
- Be immortalised in the next BROKEN SWORD adventure video game, one of the world’s most successful narrative-driven adventure video game series. Additionally you and two guests are invited to tour the studio in York to learn about the development process behind the game.
- Warner Bros are offering the ultimate prize bundle, including a visit to a top secret Warner Bros. film set shooting in the UK as well as attending the red carpet premiere to a Warner Bros. film in 2020.
- Start your day with breakfast at the Temperley London flagship store in Mayfair, where you and two friends will have a chat with leading British fashion designer Alice Temperley MBE, before choosing your own Temperley London day dress from a specially curated selection.
All funds raised at LUMINOUS 2019 will directly support the BFI’s transformational education programmes. Education is at the core of the BFI’s mission to seek out and support young and emerging filmmaking talent. The vital funds raised at LUMINOUS 2019 will widen opportunities for young people from all backgrounds who may otherwise never have the chance to access training, resources or the platform to have their voices heard. By supporting young people today, we not only change their lives, but we will build a film culture of tomorrow that welcomes, represents and tells stories that speak to everyone.
LUMINOUS in partnership with IWC Schaffhausen is the BFI’s biennial fundraising gala – the 2017 Gala was attended by stars including Tilda Swinton, Tom Hiddleston, Sir Patrick Stewart, Florence Pugh, Hugh Laurie, Tuppence Middleton, David Harewood, Romola Garai, Jeremy Irons, Baz Luhrmann, Wes Anderson, Sarah Gavron, Ben Wheatley and Zawe Ashton.