Released on December 17, 2018 on UK Blu-ray is Jim O. Connolly’s lurid horror film Berserk starring Joan Crawford.
After the huge success of Robert Aldrich’s What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962), Hollywood legend Joan Crawford found herself taking the lead in a series of lurid and sensational horror pictures in her later years and Berserk was one of the best and most successful.
Crawford stars as a ruthless circus owner who exploits a series of gruesome murders for her own ends… until the killer targets her.
Directed by Jim O Connolly (Valley of Gwangi, Tower of Evil) and co-starring Diana Dors (Yield to the Night, Deep End), Michael Gough (Horror Hospital, Batman) and Judy Geeson (10 Rillington Place, Inseminoid), Berserk is a deranged slice of Great British Grand(Dame) Guignol a bloody exploitation classic!
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES:
- High Definition remaster
- Original mono audio
- The BFI interview with Joan Crawford (1956)
- Audio commentary with film historians Lee Gambin and Eloise Ross
- Pamela Hutchinson on Joan Crawford (2018)
- Jonathan Rigby on ‘Berserk’ (2018): a new appreciation by the author of American Gothic: Six Decades of Classic Horror Cinema
- Didier Chatelain on Herman Cohen (2018): an interview with producer Cohen’s assistant and business partner
- Tom Baker’s Beyond Belief! VHS Introduction (1997)
- Tom Baker’s Beyond Belief! Outtakes (1997)
- Original theatrical trailer
- Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography
- New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Limited Edition exclusive booklet containing a new essay by Josephine Botting, archival interviews, historic articles, an overview of contemporary critical responses and full film credits
- UK premiere on Blu-ray
- Limited Edition of 3,000 copies
- All extras subject to change
Berserk was released on Blu-ray via Powerhouse Films’ Indicator Series on December 17, 2018.