Jackie Chan’s City Hunter will be released on Blu-ray courtesy of Eureka Entertainment on September 17. The wacky action-comedy will get a limited edition O-card and collector’s booklet.
Jackie Chan is hilarious as a girl-chasing private detective in City Hunter, a live-action adaptation of the Japanese manga series, that sees Ryo Saeba tasked with tracking down the runaway daughter of a publishing tycoon.
Besotted by the young woman, Ryo causes much distress for his exasperated assistant as he seems far more interested in winning the girl’s heart than returning her safely home. When terrorists hijack the ship, Jackie Chan gets to wield his trademark kung fu skills, putting his romantic pursuit to one side in order to save the day.
Presented in a new 2K restoration, City Hunter is packed with high-kicking, high-octane thrills with action sequences specially choreographed by Chan during his heyday. Generally considered one of the action star’s most visually inventive films, City Hunter boasts vibrant cinematography alongside Chan’s quirky comedy. Eureka’s release via its Eureka Classics range will see the film make its Blu-ray debut in the UK.
BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
• Limited edition slipcase (First print run only)
• Stunning 1080p presentation from a brand new 2K restoration
• Original Cantonese mono audio track (also available in 5.1 presentation)
• Optional English and Mandarin audio tracks
• Interviews with Jackie Chan
• Interview with director Wong Jing
• Interview with stuntman and long-time member of Jackie Chan’s stunt team, Rocky Lai
• The Jackie Chan Experience – an interview with Richard Norton
• Evolution of a Fighter – an interview with Gary Daniels
• Outtake montage
• A Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film (First print run only)
City Hunter from Eureka Entertainment arrives on Blu-ray in the UK on September 17.