Short film will get its chance to shine at 36th annual London Critics’ Circle Film Awards with the accolades handed out at a glittering ceremony at The May Fair Hotel in January.
Five short films have been shortlisted for the new prize which Chair Rich Cline says celebrates “the best short films Britain has to offer” and allows critics to “support the valuable work of a new generation of filmmakers.”
The awards, which take place at London’s May Fair Hotel on January 17, will be hosted by Steve Oram and Alice Lowe. The five films shortlisted for the top prize in the short film category are:
• Directed by Tweedie (dir Duncan Cowles, UK 2014, 17 mins) – winner of the Scottish Short Film Award at the Glasgow Short Film Festival in March.
• Leidi (dir Simon Mesa Soto, UK/Colombia 2014, 16 mins) – winner of Best New Short at the London Short Film Festival in January.
• Over (dir Jorn Threlfall, UK 2015, 14 mins) – winner of the Best of British Live Action Award at Encounters in Bristol in September.
• Rate Me (dir Fyzal Boulifa, UK 2015, 17 mins) – winner of Best Short Film at Leeds International Film Festival in November.
• Stutterer (dir Benjamin Cleary, UK/Ireland 2015, 13 mins) – winner of Best Drama at Aesthetica in York in November.