Malls have played an important part in movies across the globe, particularly in Hollywood. Here’s our Top 10 Malls in film. See if you can guess the films from the images…
10. Puente Hills Mall, Los Angeles
Most famous for: Playing Twin Pines/Lone Pine Mall in Robert Zemeckis’ Back To The Future.
9. Dixie Square Mall, Illinois (closed in 1978)
Most famous for: John Landis’ The Blues Brothers
8. Beverly Center, Los Angeles
Most famous for: Paul Mazursky’s Scenes from a Mall starring Bette Midler and Woody Allen. It has featured in many more films as well including Ruthless People, Body Double, and Volcano.
7. Del Amo Fashion Center, Torrance, California
Most famous for: Terry Zwigoff’s Bad Santa. Recently appeared in Crazy, Stupid, Love.
6. Wing On Plaza, Hong Kong
Most famous for: Jackie Chan’s Police Story
5. Phoenix Metrocenter, Phoenix
Most famous for: Stephen Herek’s Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure
4. Eden Prairie Center, Minnesota
Most famous for: Kevin Smith’s Mallrats
3. Sherman Oaks Galleria, Ventura Boulevard, Los Angeles
Most famous for: Interior scenes for Fast Times At Ridgemont High and Night of the Comet. It also provided the exterior for Terminator 2’s mall scenes.
2. Santa Monica Place Mall, Broadway, Los Angeles
Most famous for: Interior scenes in Terminator 2: Judgment Day
1. Monroeville Mall, Pittsburgh
Most famous for: George A. Romero’s Dawn of the Dead
Compiled by Daniel Stephens.
Discover More on Top10Films.co.uk:
Search our collection of Top 10 lists sorted by type:
THEME | ACTOR | DIRECTOR | TIME PERIOD | GENRE | COUNTRY | SPECIAL INTEREST | FUNNY
See the A – Z of films featured on Top 10 Films / Check out our film review database