Top 10 Corrupt Cops
When the boys in blue can’t decide between good and bad, right from wrong, those caught in the middle find themselves with a problem on their hands. Corrupt cops has been a theme prevalent in so many Hollywood movies over the years it has taken some very skillful writing just to avoid the usual cliches. Frequently, those cliches just get re-cooked and repackaged. But from time to time there’s still some unique blood in the characters that choose a job with the police and decide to operate above the law.
10. Brooklyn’s Finest – Ethan Hawke (Sal Prodica)
9. Leon – Gary Oldman (Norman “Stan” Stansfield)
8. Training Day – Denzel Washington (Alonzo Harris)
7. Street Kings – Forest Whitaker (Captain Jack Wander)
6. LA Confidential – James Cromwell (Captain Dudley Smith)
5. The Godfather – Sterling Hayden (Officer McCluskey)
4. Unlawful Entry – Ray Liotta (Officer Pete Davis)
3. The Departed – Matt Damon (Colin Sullivan)
2. Internal Affairs – Richard Gere (Dennis Peck)
1. The Bad Lieutenant – Harvey Keitel (The Lieutenant)
Directed by Antione Fuqua (Shooter, Training Day), this gritty, edge-of-your-seat urban cop drama is a must own for fans of The Wire, as it also stars Michael K. Williams (Omar Little) and Isiah Whitlock Jr. (Clay Davis) from the hit HBO show.
Burnt out veteran Eddie Dugan (Gere) is just one week away from his pension and a fishing cabin in Connecticut. Narcotics officer Sal Procida (Hawke) has discovered there‟s no line he won‟t cross to provide a better life for his long-suffering wife and seven children. “Tango” Butler (Cheadle) has been undercover so long his loyalties have started to shift from his fellow police officers to his prison buddy Caz (Snipes), one of Brooklyn‟s most infamous drug dealers.